Cannes is well connected via Road, Rail and Air. There are numerous low cost Airline routes that travel to the Cote D’Azur and Provence Regions.
Flights to Nice
Nice is a very well connected airport and there are frequent low cost flights from UK and all over Europe. Nice is the 3rd busiest Airport in France after Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly.
The Frequency of flights varies according to the time of year and the Airline, as does the price, You can fly to Nice from London airport for as little as £30 return!
Availability does drop on peak travel days such as 02/01 or 31/08 prices, when they can shoot up considerably in price. However there are so many routes flown to Nice now, that a cheaper option is almost always possible.
Flights to Nice from UK :-
- EasyJet – Flies to Nice from three London airports Luton, Stansted and Gatwick, also Bristol, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Belfast.
The most frequent (up to 6 flight per day) and usually cheapest route is Nice – Gatwick
- Jet2 – Flights to Nice from Stansted, Manchester and Leeds, at a frequency of up to 2 flights per day during summer
- British Airways – Flights to Nice from London Heathrow, London City, Gatwick, Stansted and Manchester – Up to 12 flights per day. BA Flights from Heathrow are often competitively priced versus other London airports especially if you book early.
- RYANAIR – Direct Flights to Nice from Dublin and London Stansted. The Frequency is rather kimited but off season pricing is anongst the cheapest. Forinstance a £30 return flight during February 2018 booked 2 months in advance (not during UK schools holidays however).
There are also lots of low costs carriers that fly from European Destinations to Nice,
Flights to Nice from Germany :-
- Easyjet flies to Nice from Berlin, Hamburg, Munich
- EuroWings flies to Nice from Cologne, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Munich, Dortmund, Hanover, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Leipzig/Halle, Nuremberg, Stuttgart and Sylt
- Lufthansa has lots of flights to Nice from multiply German airports. The Frankfurt to Nice route is only served by Lufthansa; they are usually more expensive than Eurowings or Easyjet
Travel By Car
Drive to Cannes via A8 Motorway
Villa Ad Alta is located 5 minutes from A8 Motorway Junction 41, Cannes La Bocca Exit
Travel by Taxi
From Nice Airport to Villa Ad Alta
The Cote D’Azur region of France is one of the most expensive after Paris for hiring a Taxi. The typical cost of a Taxi journey from Nice Airport is between 70 – 85 euros. Taxis make surcharges during the night and for luggage and motorway tolls.
To book a Taxi from the airport to Villa Ad Alta we recommend you use lecab which will give you a guaranteed fixed price and you can book airport pickups in advance in English using their Website or App, that will be as competitive as any. Uber in France is a significantly limited service and we find lecab to be much better.
Travel By Boat
There are frequent ferries across the channel to Calais and Boulogne from where it is a 1200km drive down through France to Cannes. We rarely drive nowadays instead preferring to take Plane from UK. However this can be attractive option to plan a multi-stop travel itinerary, or if you wish to avoid hiring a car or have a dog you wish to travel with.
There are also frequent Ferries to Corsica and Sardinia from Nice Port. This can be great travel extension itinerary to plan, as Corsica and Sardinia should be on everyone bucket list! Nicolina who co-owns Villa Ad Alta is Sardinian so we do go there often.
Get the train from London to Cannes !!
Taking train from London to Cannes via Paris is another travel option. Taking the Eurostar to Paris and then TGV nto Cannes. This trip now takes 9 hours or less
The TGV now runs all the way to Cannes from Paris. Fast TGV trains taking just over five hours for the 940-km journey from Paris. This route is usually served by double-deck TGV Duplex trains, so book a seat on the upper deck for the best views, Bookings for this route usually open three months in advance. Book early for the cheapest tickets.
Local Train service from Nice to Villa Ad Alta
Nice Airport doesn’t have a direct stop on the main rail network. The nearest Station is Nice-Saint Augustin station, which is 1.3km away from Terminal 1 and 1.8km from Terminal 2
The train service from Nice-Saint Augustin can take you as far as Ranguin, our closest train station, which is a 600m walk to the entrance of Domain De L’Abadie where Villa Ad Alta is located.
Tickets cost €7.20 and you can purchase them online at SNCF TER PACA
Cannes is served by an extensive network of Bus routes. The Palm Bus No 2 Les Bastides service runs from the entrance to Domain de L’Abadie to Cannes Centre. There is also the Palm Night N2 service which runs from Central Cannes to Villa Ad Alta throughout the night with the last bus back being at 02.30 !! The standard fare is 1.5 euros but if you plan to travel frequently buy a 10 journey card for 12 euros, which can be used by multiply persons. You can also buy passes giving unlimited travel in Cannes for 1 day – 4 euros, 3 days – 7 Euros or 7 days 13.50 euros.
Journey time from Villa Ad Alta nearest stop Les Bastides to Cannes Center is around 30 minutes.
Also see Palm Bus Travel Information and Journey Planner in English: here
The Stop closest to Villa Ad Alta is Les Bastides. Browse the No 2 Route Map.
Plan your Journey
Villa Ad Alta Approximate Location
This is the Villa location within 400m.
Enjoy your journey and see you soon.